Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hooker Spit Windex: 8/29/10


Hooker Spit Windex, Choose Your Poison, Black America: Victory Warehouse

This night time gig was a welcome relief from the social obstacles of the aforementioned Stork Club trap. Young snotty kids not giving a fuck were hanging out, stickin’ it to the man, stickin’ it in a tournequetted, eagerly shaking left arm. Black America was a band name I’d heard before, and I had been wondering if they actually a bunch of (suburban?) white kids dipping their toes in the tepid waters of “being offensive.” Well maybe they weren’t all white, but definitely none of them were black. The singer was saying some borderline funny/sketchy stuff, which is actually pretty hard to interpret as sketchy when it looks like he’s not too recently moved out of his mother’s house, or maybe even her womb. The music was short, old schoolish hardkoresongz none too memorable. Whatever, this was fun and I’m glad kids are still forming bands like this.

Choose Your Poison: Grindcore? I’ve really gotta write these reviews sooner after I see the shows, so I can remember some shit.

Part of the reason I’m came to this show (the other part was I thought Population Reduction was playing) was the band’s name Hooker Spit Windex. Now there’s a moniker that takes some balls (and ovaries, actually) or some real creativity. Well, they had a little of both, but more in the name department than the music, which was competent Napalm Death style grind. The fact, however, that the jams were being kicked out by the these fucking nerdy weirdo co-eds with very bad attitudes, from Dayton, Ohio (yes I’ve been there, I know it sucks, this all makes sense) won me over completely. I was glad I came to see them, and I bought a bright neon green t-shirt and a tape. Victory is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment